Loving it! I like things a little spicy so let me know how you like Vegan Hummus – Cilantro, Jalapeno – Hummus with a kick!
- 1 can drained garbanzo beans
- 1 – 2 gloves peeed garlic, roughly chopped (raw garlic can pack quite a punch – but, add 2 cloves if you love the stuff)
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped with some seeds (add as little or as much as you like – there is a lot of heat in the seeds)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (I love the taste of cilantro, but, if it is not your favorite herb, add less)
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 3 – 4 T. tahini
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- drizzle to 2 T. olive oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 c. water
- Place all ingredients except water into food processor and pulse, you will need to add water, a little at a time, to get the consistency you desire, taste, and add extra spice if needed.
- Serve, with fresh veggies and pita bread or pita chips
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for easy snacking.