Roasted tomato soup – Yummy!
- 1 – 2 containers cherry tomatoes
- 6 red potatoes
- 4 celery stalks
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- vegetable broth (1 carton, plus a little more)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Rinse cherry tomatoes and put in small baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Rinse red potatoes, celery, and baby carrots – roughly chop
- Peel and roughly chop onion
- Cut top of garlic bulb to expose garlic, drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap in foil
- Place potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper, stir so vegetables are coated and some oil is on bottom of pan – place wrapped garlic on pan
- Put tomatoes and other vegetables in oven, roast for about 25 minutes, stirring several times, you want the vegetables to be roasted but not burnt, the tomatoes should be done in 25 minutes, deflated and juicy but not sticking to the pan
- Stir the potatoes and vegetables several times, they may stick to the pan a little, that’s ok – they should be done in 35 -40 minutes, you want some of the potatoes to be golden brown
- Let the veggies cool a little bit and then put all the veggies in a large pot, make sure to scrape the bits that stuck to the pan into the pot too, squeeze the roasted garlic into the pot – cover the vegetables with vegetable broth, the broth should cover the vegetables with an extra 1/2 to 1 inch of broth above the vegetables
- Bring the broth and veggies to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes – take the pot off of the burner use an immersion blender (or you could blend in batches with a regualr blender) - blend until smooth, taste, add extra seasoning if necesary, add extra broth if you want a thinner consistency.
- You can also roast all the veggies one night, cool down and put in the refrigerator to make the soup another night.