I have been on a salad kick lately. Not leafy green salad, but salads where the base is some type of yummy, healthy grain. I thought quinoa tabouli, why not. This one is a keeper. Again, the picky not greens loving 13 year old even liked this one along with the husband who will try anything but does not like everything I make.
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. water
- ½ t. salt
Bring the above ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, When quinoa is cooked, pour into bowl to cool.
While quinoa is cooking prepare the following:
- ¾ c. or more kale, chopped
- ¼ c. or more flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely choped
- 5 to 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¾ sliced toasted almonds
Combine cooled quinoa with vegetables and almonds, Mix together the following and pour over quinoa:
1 lemon, heated in microwave for 15 seconds, juiced
4-5 T. olive oil
1-2 T red wine vinegar
few dashes crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
few squeezes agave
taste, and adjust ingredients, if needed
Serve and enjoy, store leftovers in fridge.
- Kale and Carrot Tabouli (learningtolovekale.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Vegan Quinoa Salad (craftzine.com)