Uber simple! Love hot dogs and chil, you’ll love this version of vegan chili dogs.
Homemade Chili Ingredients:
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can vegan refried beans
- 1 onion
- 2 pasilla peppers
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, black pepper
- Saute onion and pepper in oil until tender.
- Add drained beans, tomatoes, salsa, and spices, use spices to taste, we like our’s spicy, so I add a lot of cayenne and chili powder.
- Bring chili to low boil, turn down heat and cook for 1 hour, stir, taste, add additional seasoning if needed.
- Add can of refried beans and let simmer until incorporated, about 30 minutes, you can add vegetable broth if you like a thinner consistency.
- I made my chili the night before and then I just threw the chili dogs together quickly the next night. You can see, we were pretty simple, buttered buns, soy dogs, chili, daiya, and chopped onions.