Tasty, quick, and very moist! (From Post Punk Kitchen)
- 1 c mashed banana
- 3/4 c raw sugar
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T canola oil
- 1/3 c almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 T boiling water, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mash the banana in large mixing bowl until relatively smooth, should take about 3 average
- sized bananas.
- Beat in the sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Now add the flour, baking soda and salt and gently mix just to incorporate, don’t over-mix.
- Scoop one cup of the batter and transfer it to separate mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl or mug mix the cocoa powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water and stir vigorously with a fork until the chocolate is dissolved.
- Add this chocolate mixture to the one cup of banana and mix until the chocolate is thoroughly smooth and incorporated.
- To original banana batter, add 3 tablespoons of boiling water and mix until relatively smooth.
- Lightly grease an 8×4 loaf pan, scoop alternate 1/2 cupfuls of chocolate/banana batter into the loaf pan. Don’t worry about being precise, the more random, the better. Once all the batter is in the pan, take a butter knife and swirl it through the batter in zigzag directions.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.