I am on a quinoa salad kick lately. This quinoa bean salad is easy, healthy, keeps in the fridge for a few days, what’s not to love? This is one of those easily changeable salad’s, if you don’t like quinoa, substitute couscous or brown rice. No pinto’s, substitute any other kind of bean that suits your fancy, other veggies can easily be added substituted, what ever is in your fridge, should work!
- 2 c cooked quinoa
- 1 c drained pinto beans
- 1 c frozen corn, thawed
- 1 c toasted sliced almonds (I can’t seem to make a quinoa salad without these, looove them, if you don’t, you could easily sub another nut, or omit them entirely)
- ½ c green onions, chopped (or use red)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 3 T agave
- crushed red pepper, black pepper, cumin, chili powder
- Combine salad ingredients; quinoa through cranberries.
- Whisk remainder of ingredients together, taste, adjust seasonings if necessary, pour over salad, mix, enjoy.
- Simple Ways to Enjoy Whole Grains (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- “Honey” Lime Cilantro Salad Dressing (fatfreevegan.com)
- Sumac Ginger Tofu, Quinoa, Broccoli, Mushrooms. (kblog.lunchboxbunch.com)