Oh my this recipe rocks! Really good if I do say so myself, I think I may be on a baba kick now instead of hummus – my eggplant hating daughter even liked this! This a great variation on the hummus theme.
- 1 eggplant
- ¼ c red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- ¼ t liquid smoke
- 1 t agave
- 1 t olive oil
- few tablespoons of tahini
- few tablespoons of lemon juice
- salt, pepper, cumin – to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in eggplant, roast for about 1 hour or until eggplant is tender and deflated.
- Cool eggplant until it is cool enough to handle, peel or cut peel from eggplant, put eggplant and rest of ingredients in food processor and pulse to desired consistency, taste, add additional seasoning if desired.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh ground pepper surrounded by your favorite veggies.
This keeps in the fridge for several days.
- Warm Eggplant and Summer Squash Salad (tastyeatsathome.com)
- Learning to love vegetables… (ayphotodesign.com)
- Eggplant & Black Eyed Pea Curry (theppk.com)