The kiddo isn’t really into cranberry and orange scones, but she likes anything with chocolate chips – compromise!
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 5 T raw sugar
- ½ t salt
- 3 T Earth Balance
- Ener-G Egg Replacer for one egg
- 1 c vegan chocolate chips
- juice and zest from 1 orange
- ½ – ¾ c soy milk
- 1 t vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients, cut in EB until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Add in egg-replacer, orange juice, zest, vanilla and about ½ c soy milk, mix to combine.
- Add more soy milk, if needed to reach consistency of a thick dough, add in chocolate chips.
- Place mixture on lightly floured surface and knead lightly a few times.
- Roll out to about ¾ inch thickness and cut into triangles.
- Brush the top of each with a little soy milk and sprinkle with a little raw sugar.
- Bake at 425 for about 10-15 minutes, or until lightly brown.