So simple with very few ingredients, one of my favorite cookies. Easy to make Vegan Cookies – Thumbprints
- ¼ c Earth Balance, softened
- ¼ c vegetable shortening
- ½ c raw sugar
- 1 ½ t vanilla
- 2 c all purpose flour
- Few tablespoons of water
- Mix EB, shortening, sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour and a few tablespoons of water until dough is formed. Chill for at least 30 minutes (or leave it in the fridge until you are ready for fresh made cookies).
- Roll into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet , make an indentation in cookie and fill with jam (a little goes a long way, you don’t want your jam to bubble over!)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies #vegan (zestyvegan.com)