Healthy, easy, and full of protein!
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 4 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 T Earth Balance
- 4 c vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- hot sauce, to taste
- Roast garlic (cut top part of garlic off, drizzle with a little olive oil and wrap in foil), leeks, and onion on a cookie sheet at 375 for 30 – 40 minutes, you want garlic to be soft and onions to be softened and browned. You can do this the day before and store the roasted veggies in the fridge or go ahead and prepare the soup as soon as the onions and garlic are roasted.
- Saute shallot in Earth Balance in a large pot for five minutes.
- Add roasted leeks, onion and garlic (unwrap garlic heads and squeeze roasted garlic into pot).
- Add beans and vegetable broth to pot. Bring mixture to a low boil then turn temperature to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Use immersion blender to puree soup, alternatively, you can puree in a blender, but be very careful pureeing as the soup is hot! If using a blender, puree in batches.
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
- We ate our soup with spinach salad with vegan ranch and vegan herb beer bread!
- Roasted Pepper & Tomato Bisque w/Quinoa Salsa #vegan (zestyvegan.com)
- Roasted Potato & Fennel Soup (theppk.com)
- Broccoli & Cheeze Soup (ohsheglows.com)
- #vegan Roasted Tomato Sauce (zestyvegan.com)
- Vegan Tortilla Soup (zestyvegan.com)