Again, I am into bowls lately, I love that you can make some or all of the different components ahead of time and then everyone can assemble them the way they like. What can I say you will like this quinoa bowl!
- ½ c roasted peanuts
- 4 T chopped shallot
- ¼ c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 T agave
- 4 T tamari
- 2 – 3 t Sriracha
- 2 t minced fresh ginger
- 1 – 2 t toasted sesame oil
- ½ – ¾ c water
- 1 ½ c dried quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pkg tempeh, cut into chunks
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 or 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, toasted sesame seeds
- For sauce; put ¼ cup of peanuts and all of shallots in food processor, pulse to combine.
- Add lime juice, ½ cup water, agave, tamari, Sriracha, and ginger, blend until smooth, add extra water if needed, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add rest of peanuts and sesame oil and pulse to combine, you want to break down peanuts a little so they are chopped into small pieces.
- Transfer sauce to bowl.
- For tempeh; put chopped tempeh in a ziploc bag and add enough sauce to coat tempeh.
- Marinate on counter for 1 hour, or store in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, fry tempeh in a little oil on medium high heat to brown and then turn heat to medium low to cook through.
- Roast Veg; place broccoli and cauliflower on cookie sheet and toss with a little oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Roast at 375 for about 15 minutes, turn vegetables over and roast for about another 15 minutes, until they are tender and starting to brown.
- Assemble bowls; start with quinoa, top with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, top with tempeh, sauce and garnishes.
- Soba Noodle Bowl with Tahini-Miso Sauce (zestyvegan.com)
- #vegan Southwest Quinoa Bean Salad (zestyvegan.com)
- Roasty Soba Bowl With Miso Tahini (theppk.com)