My rendition of a national grocery chain’s cilantro pesto tofu that they have in their deli section. This is a great make ahead dish, as it is meant to be served cold. Mike loved this baked tofu variation!!
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu
- 3 T pine nuts
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lime, freshly juiced
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 3 T olive oil
- salt & pepper
- For tofu (I like Trader Joe’s extra firm, NOT packed in water) but use your preference, drain using a tofu press or wrap in a kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels, put on a plate and put something heavy on top of it (sauce pan with several cans of beans is what I used), for 20 minutes.
- Once drained, slice tofu into slices (not too thin) and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, turn over after 15 minutes.
- You want them to firm up but, not be tough.
- While tofu is baking, make pesto.
- Place rest of ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Once tofu is out of oven and cooled, chop slices into cubes and combine with pesto, serve immediately or chill for lunch or snacking
- Easy Weeknight Dinner: Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips & Sweet Potato Fries (ohsheglows.com)
- Easy Lemon Dill Tofu (ohsheglows.com)