These are super easy to make and the family gobbled them up.
- 1 pkg large pasta shells
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ c cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (with or without seeds)
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and cumin (to taste)
- Daiya mozzarella or pepper jack (1 ½ to 2 cups)
- 1 c frozen corn, thawed
- 1 c canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 recipe enchilada sauce (use mine, under sauces, make your own, or buy your favorite)
- Place tofu, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and seasonings in food processor, pulse to combine, you still want some texture.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in corn, black beans and 1 cup of Daiya.
- Transfer mixture to a large ziploc and snip end of ziploc. Put a little enchilada sauce in bottom of baking pan.
- Fill shells, place filled shells in pan, top with more enchilada sauce and top with more Daiya and green onions.
- Refrigerate overnight (this is important so the shells have time to soften).
- If you want to eat this sooner, you can cook the shells until they are al dente, cool and then proceed with the rest of recipe.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, until shells are tender and filling is heated through.