Mike and Calista love tempeh and it is great for a make-ahead meal. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate overnight. Pretty simple, healthy, and loaded with protein. Your going to love this vegan tempeh as well!!
- 1 pkg tempeh
- ¼ c tamari
- juice of 1 tangerine
- 2 t Sriracha
- 1 T agave
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- ½ t liquid smoke
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 clove or garlic, minced
- olive oil
- Cut tempeh into small cubes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together (except for olive oil) in a small bowl.
- Add tempeh and marinate in a large ziploc and marinate overnight (or as long as you want).
- When you are ready to cook, put oil in pan, and cook on medium high heat until tempeh turns brown and is heated through. Mike ate his on top of his salad.
- You could also serve this atop your favorite grain.