This is reminiscent of the tempeh salad they have in the deli section at our Whole Foods. Mike thought this was restaurant quality. High praise indeed. This vegan tempeh salad should knock your socks off!
- 1 pkg tempeh
- 1 orange pepper, chopped (or red, whatever you like)
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped (or a few tablespoons of red onion would work)
- 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- 3 – 4 T Veganaise
- 2 – 3 T sweet pickle relish
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- Steam tempeh in a small amount of water for about 10 minutes (this takes the bitterness away and gives the tempeh a mellow flavor).
- Once tempeh is done, set aside to cool and chop into pieces.
- Combine vegetables in medium bowl, add temeph, Veganaise, relish, and seasonings.
- Mix gently, taste and add additional seasoning in necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for a protein packed lunch or snack.