Vegan Panang Curry
Soy-free, Gluten-free, delicious, take-out at home! Try this delicious, quick vegan panang curry .
- 1/2 c shallots, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- olive oil, about 2 tablespoons
- 3 t turmeric
- 3 t curry powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 1 c water
- 1 T Sriracha
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 T brown sugar
- 6-8 red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped (can use whatever color you like)
- 1 1/2 c frozen peas
- hot cooked rice
- chopped peanuts and cilantro
- roasted cauliflower (toss cauliflower with a little cumin, curry powder, pepper, crushed red pepper and olive oil and roast at 400 degrees until it is tender and starts to brown)
- Cook shallots, ginger and garlic in oil for about 7 minutes until shallots are tender.
- Add peanut butter, spices, and Sriracha. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in water, coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, taste and add more spices or Sriracha, if needed.
- Add pepper, cook for 10 minutes, add frozen peas cook another 4 minutes and add cooked potato, cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve on top of rice, sprinkled with cilantro and peas and surrounded by roasted cauliflower.
Trackbacks and Pingbacks: