Potato Tacos - crispy potatoes, spicy chipotle cream, who says vegan food is boring?
Recipe type: Main Dish
Crispy potatoes, spicy chipotle sauce, creamy guacamole, ole!
- 8 red potatoes, cleaned and cubed
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3 chipotles in adobo sauce (add in a little adobo sauce)
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cayenne
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ – ½ almond milk, unsweetned
- spinach, or other green
- green onions, minced
- cilantro, minced
- guacamole (check out my recipe on the site or make your own)
- corn tortillas
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, crushed red pepper and cayenne, toss with a little olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until potatoes are golden and crispy.
- If they are not browning enough, you can turn the broiler on for a few minutes, but, watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- In a blender combine cashews, chipotles, cumin, salt, cayenne, lime and almond milk, blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, or add more milk if necessary.
- Serve potato tacos topped with spinach, onions, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with chipotle cream and spoon on some guacamole.