Roasted Vegetable Lasagna – Low-fat, loaded with flavor, uber-healthy, and the family loved it, this one’s a winner!
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Recipe type: Main Dish
Perfect summer lasagna, bursting with fresh roasted vegetables, low fat, healthy, delicious.
- package of lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- jar of your favorite marinara (or make your own)
- 1 large onion, caramelized (or you could roast or saute)
- 2 zucchini, lightly sauteed (I don’t like my zucchini mushy, that is why I didn’t roast)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli florets
- 1 portabella mushroom, chopped
- 8 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- few handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 c panko bread crumbs, toasted in a dry skilled, mixed with some italian seasoning and garlic powder
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- salt & pepper
- 2 t crushed red pepper
- 1 t cayenne
- 1 T italian seasoning
- 2 t garlic powder
- ⅓ c fresh parsley, minced
- For lasagna; toss asparagus, broccoli, and mushrooms with a little oil.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt & pepper.
- Roast at 375 degrees until tender and slightly brown.
- Combine cooked vegetables in a bowl and set aside.
- For ricotta; combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly, you don’t want too smooth of a consistency.
- For assembly; Put a little bit of sauce in bottom of pan, top with 4 or 5 noodles.
- Top noodles with more sauce.
- Add a large handful of spinach on top of sauce.
- Put half of ricotta mixture on top of spinach.
- Top spinach with half of vegetables.
- Top vegetables with noodles.
- Repeat layers ending with sauce.
- Top sauce with sliced tomatoes and toasted breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 -40 minutes until warmed through