Wild Rice Salad – Quick, hearty, delicious, perfect for a summer lunch!
Wild Rice Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 c cooked and chilled rice (I used 2 ½ cups wild and 1 ½ c white)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ c red onion, chopped
- ½ c minced fresh parsley
- ¾ c raw almonds
- ¼ c olive oil
- ⅛ c red wine vinegar
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 T spicy mustard (you could use dijon)
- 2 T agave
- 2 t crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Taste dressing and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour dressing over salad, note I like my rice salad’s pretty moist, if you don’t, use less dressing!
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator and eat during the week for a filling and healthy lunch.