Banana Oat Bars - with peanut butter and chocolate -perfect breakfast treat with a vanilla soy latte!
Banana Oat Bars
Recipe type: Breakfast
Not too sweet, moist, delicious, nutty banana oat bars topped with dark chocolate!
- 1 1/12 c rolled oats
- 2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c raw sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 c unsweetned coconut chips (you could use shredded coconut too)
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ⅓ c natural peanut butter
- ½ c warm water mixed with 1 tsp chia seeds and ground flax seed
- 1 c vanilla soy milk
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 4 T coconut oil
- ⅓ c roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¾ c vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13X9 baking pan with 2 TBLS of coconut oil.
- Combine chia and flax with warm water and set aside to thicken.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and coconut chips in medium sized bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, seed mixture, soy milk, vanilla, and banana until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Top batter with peanuts, chocolate chips and dot remaining coconut oil on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden and set and bars start to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Watch carefully, your bars may need a litle less or a little more cooking time.
- Cool completely, and cut into bars.