Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup – easy, warm, and comforting, perfect Fall meal.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Creamy, delicious, Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 4 small red potatoes, rinsed and cut in large chunks
- 4 red peppers, rinsed and stems and seeds removed
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large carrot, rinsed and cut into large chunks
- 1 head of garlic, top cut off, drizzled with olive oil and wrapped in foil
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- ¼ c soy creamer
- Cholulu, or other hot sauce, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put vegetables on cookie sheets, I used two.
- Toss vegetables with a little olive oil.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, check and see if done.
- Turn heat up to 425 and roast until tender and potatoes and onions are golden and garlic is tender.
- The peppers may be done before the rest of the vegetables.
- To peel peppers, place peppers in a ziploc bag until cool enough to handle.
- The skin should come off easily, very messy, but easy.
- Place vegetables in a large pot and cover with broth.
- Bring pot to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer soup mixture to a high powered blender, be very careful blending hot liquids!
- You could also use an immersion blender.
- Add seasoning, blend, add creamer, taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls, topped with hot sauce.