Pesto Bowl with White Beans and Mushrooms – This is one of those quick to put together but loaded with flavor recipes for a quick weeknight dinner.
Pesto Bowl with White Beans and Mushrooms
Recipe type: MaIn Entree
Pesto Bowl with White Beans and Mushrooms – Quick, Healthy, and Delicious
- 1 box of orzo pasta
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed in warm water
- 2 c of assorted mushrooms (I used button and cremini)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ⅛ c walnuts
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1½ c loosely packed basil leaves
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Clean and chop mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms in a little olive oil until beginning to brown.
- To make pesto; combine garlic, walnuts, zest, and basil in a food processor
- Add a little salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Turn processor on and add a little olive oil to combine ingredients.
- Taste, add more seasoning if neccessary and more olive oil if needed.
- Serve orzo in bowls topped with beans, mushrooms, pesto and tomatoes.