Black Bean Pumpkin Soup – delicious, warm, comforting fall flavors in a bowl
Black Bean Pumpkin Soup
Quick, Healthy, Filling Black Bean Pumpkin Soup, yum!
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 T Earth Balance
- 3 c cooked black beans (I used homemade but, canned will work too)
- 1 can fire roasted tomates (undrained)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-4 c vegetable broth
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie blend!)
- 1 T applie cider vinegar
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t crushed red pepper
- 2 t cumin
- salt & pepper
- toasted pepitas (toast at 350 degrees until lightly browned)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil and EB until softened.
- Puree onion mixture along with tomatoes, 2½ cups black beans, and seasonings in a high powered blender.
- Transfer pureed mixture to pot, add pumpkin and 2 cups broth, and vinegar, bring mixture to a low boil.
- Turn burner to low, add remaining beans, additional seasoning if needed and more broth if you want a thinner consistency.
- Cook until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Top with pepitas
- I served mine with pita chips (cut pita in triangles, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and cumin and bake at
- degrees until crispy).