Sweet Red Juice

juice 2

I think this makes up for the venti iced soy toffee nut latte I had for breakfast, don’t you? I have to confess, I am not a juice girl, never have been. Those rows of refrigerated juices with fancy combinations at the grocery store, I am not even tempted. However, I actually like the juices I make at home, who would have thought? Juicing is a commitment, it can be expensive and it is messy. In a perfect world, I would not be seeking out fresh organic fruit and veggies, rinsing, peeling, chopping, juicing, and then spending 5 minutes cleaning out every nook and cranny of my juicer.

juice 3

In this perfect world, my freshly squeezed juice would be brought to me on alternate days by, I don’t know, Ian Sommerhalder, Adam Levine, or Ryan Gosling, while I sit on the couch reading one of the many books calling my name. If you are new to juicing, and you want to get some veg with your fruit, you really can’t go wrong with carrots and beets as a base, they are really sweet (and from someone who doesn’t like cooked carrots, or really raw carrots for that matter) they are great in juice, they add this awesome sweetness, and beets (again, I NEVER eat beets, but, I love them juiced, besides being sweet and a perfect combo with the carrots, they give your juice this beautiful color). Experiment and enjoy!

juice 1

4.7 from 7 reviews
Sweet Red Juice

Prep time
Total time

Delicious, loaded with healthy fruit and veggies, this sweet juice is delish!
Author:
Recipe type: Juice
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • 1 apple
  • 3 carrots
  • 1 chunk of fresh ginger (use less if you aren't a ginger lover)
  • 2 small beets
  • handful of strawberries (you could use another berry too)
  • handful of grapes
  • 2 small oranges
Instructions
  1. Rinse, and cut fruit and vegetables small enough to fit through your juicer chute.
  2. Make sure to peel beets, ginger and oranges.
  3. Drink immediately, feel the health!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. name badges says

I’ve seen many commercial with this red juice and non of them suit my taste. Upon reading this article, my eyes has been opened thru this red juice power. Now ill be taking some for my body needs it.

2. Disha Sharma says

As I know & As much I know so red juice is really helpful for body specially for teenagers. I take carrot juice & I have taking it since when I was 12 years old. so now it has been my habit to take red juice & i never miss it.

3. Robin says

Hey Theresa! Great recipe and a fun post! I’m definitely into juicing and am always on the lookout for great recipes. I’m with you, I don’t love eating beets. But they are great for juicing. And, they’re really healthy. I like how you balance the sweetness (berries and grapes) with the earthiness of the beets and carrots. Ginger is great to juice with. I pretty much throw it in to all my juices. Gives it some heat and its great for the digestion. Keep up the great work!

4. izzy manning says

Thanks for your sweet red juice recipe, love the touch of ginger which gives it that added zing but do not add too much as it can take over.

5. Gisele says

exact recipe i was after!! forgot to buy ginger but did everything else as per recipe and was great – thanks for sharing

6. Brika says

Wow!! Superb delicious and all of the ingredients of this juice are sound healthy and as a juice lover I’m so much eager to taste this juice asap. Thanks

7. Mark J says

Whenever I blend drinks, I always add spinach. It makes a great color to the drink and spinach has really good health benefits. You can’t go wrong with greens. Drink up to a healthy life style.

8. Becky says

Theresa, I’m one of those weirdos that actually likes beets (raw, roasted, pickled…and now juiced!), so this recipe rules! :-)

9. sara says

Delicious!!! I like the recipe for the red juice that you posted.That is a very good way to make your children eat some vegetable and fruit.

10. Jane Ross says

I usually always add lemon to every juice blending I create … but if it’s overall citrus-y type flavor, then add less lemon or non at all. But I love the zesty flavor!

11. Rachael Williams says

That was really amazing! The recipe you have shared is awesome. I really loved the way you have written and explained everything. Me and my husband are really very fitness conscious and I will definitely try this recipe at home.

Trackbacks