Welcome to zestyvegan.com!!!
Hi, I’m Theresa, I currently live in Bend, Oregon, with my husband, Mike, daughter, Calista, dogs; Tatum and Sunshine, and cockatiel; Hephaestus (Calista is really into Greek mythology!)
I have always been passionate about food, cooking and animals, since becoming vegan that has only been enhanced. There are sooo many reason to adopt a vegan lifestyle; compassion for animals, concern for our environment, and better health. I started this blog while we were living in Arizona in 2011. I took quite a bit of time off to open and operate a vegan cafe/bakery in Redmond, Oregon, you can read about this on the Bliss page. There are lots of good recipes on the site, however, some of the pictures are horrific. My apologies, I have learned a lot since I first started and the pictures should be improving dramatically! My goal is to go back and update many of these recipes and pictures, but, that will take a while. So bear with me.
Vegan food does not have to be bland, I think this is one of the biggest misnomer’s there is. I will be sharing tried and true recipes in my blog. I really hope to educate people through food and the various and mass information I have received through books, documentaries, and the vegan web community.
- Bliss page is just an informational page about the vegan cafe/bakery that I owned and operated for a little over a year.
- Contact page is for sending me a message. If you have anything you want added to the site let me know about it.
- Ebook page; nothing yet, but, I plan on writing several Ebooks in the future and this is where you can find them.
- My Resources page is where you will find information regarding the products I use for this site.
- News page is where I will post interesting “vegan” news, this could be a great new restaurant that has opened or a video about becoming vegan, or maybe something that makes be angry and and why.
- Recipes page this should be full of all kinds of great vegan recipes, most healthy, some decadent, with simple directions and insight.
- Review page will have review of movies, books, and products.
Search the blogs and look at recipes / posts that interest you, and please leave your comments!
Enjoy and contribute to the site and let other people know about it!
“Be the change you want to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandi